ne MD driver on NetBSD/dreamcast
content maintained by Kiyoshi IKEHARA
content mirrored by unixxx (FuzzyMuzzle.com)
Nagoya University Amateur Radio Club, Japan
This is the second step to make my
dreamcast a standalone workstation. :-)
- Please don't e-mail me asking how to make a hardware.
information in this site may be used at your own risk.
- 2002/01/16: Dual NIC
- 2001/11/21: The performance was shown.
- 2001/11/19: dmesg
My circuit is very similar to bITmASTER's DC
IDE-HD interface. (Probably, it's also similar to his NIC
About this driverThis driver is for NE2000 clone.
- The version of NetBSD-current is 1.5V.
- The ne2000 interrupt handler is invoked by the "callout" routine polling
the IRQ signal line.
- The performance is not good.
- 140kB/sec (in sending)
- 200kB/sec (in receiving)
- Not work with IDE drives for now. (it's future work)
- RTL8019AS (one of the most famous NE2000 clone chip)
- How to run your binary images on DC
- How to cross-build NetBSD kernel
- How to get NetBSD-current
NICIt's a NE2000 clone card with RTL8019AS. RTL8019AS is a 10BASE
ethernet controller designed for ISA bus.
ne0 at dppbus0
ne0: NE2000 (RTL8019) Ethernet
ne0: Ethernet address 00:60:67:20:26:b6
ne0: 10base2, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, auto, default [0x00 0x70] auto
ikehara AT c03.itscom.net
This page is the sole property of Kiyoshi Ikehara and merely mirrored by FuzzyMuzzle.com. Please direct all questions regarding this mirror's content to Kiyoshi Ikehera himself.